Need for speed!
Gigabit has been struggling to meet our needs for NAS or home networks in a local network. However, the price of 2.5Gbe peripherals remains high. With low-cost accessories and a little configuration, you can now host your high-speed network on ZimaBoard or your PC.
Realtek RTL8125 is not a new chip solution, and it is compatible with Ubuntu and OpenWRT. However, under the pfSense system, the Realtek solution has been moderately criticized. We also noticed that pfSense 2.5 made optimizations for the Realtek chip, but we still advise some research before choosing.
- Single RJ-45 Ethernet port
- Realtek RTL8125B network controller chipset
- Multi-Gigabit Ethernet connection at 2.5G, 1G, 100Mbps, and 10Mbps
- Compatible with 2.5BASE-T
- 2.5Gbps network speed on CAT5e and CAT6a cables
- 1x PCIe to 2.5GbE Ethernet Adapter Realtek RTL8125 Chipset
- 1x Low Profile Bracket
These are very tiny cards. I bought 3 of them and installsion was a breeze. The retaining clip on one of the 3 cards was bend during shippping. They need better shipping material. As for the cards? they work amazing well. I have 2 Ubuntu Linux Server and a Fedora Workstaion and the cards just worked. No drivers to install no setting to tweak, they were there and working.