Dual Gigabit NIC under $30!
RTL8111 is still the most cost-effective gigabit solution on the market, and it is compatible with most Windows, Linux, macOS, and other environments. The team tested the official mirror Debian network speed and the result performed well, with a speed of 930Mbit/s.
If you are building a low-cost OpenWrt or pfSense x86 gateway, this PCIe to Dual Gigabit NIC RTL8111 is definitely on the list. We have noticed that the latest version of PfSense has provided official support for the RTL8111 chipset. If you do not need a large number of network ports, you can directly go with this PCIe to Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Realtek RTL8111 Chipset.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 10/100/1000Mbps data rate auto-negotiation operation
- Backward compatible to 10/100BASE-T networking
- Supports Giga Lite (500M) mode
- Supports PCI MSI (Message Signaled Interrupt) and MSI-X
- Fully compliant with IEEE802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab
- Supports jumbo frame to 9K bytes
- Bus Type: PCI-E
- Chipset ID: RTL8111H
- Number of Ports: 2 Ethernet
- Transfer Rate: 1000 Mbps
- Dimensions: 75mm*65.9mm
- Compatible OS
- Windows 2000, ME, 98SE, XP, Vista, 2008, 7, 8, 10
- Windows Server 2003
- MAC OS 10.4 or above and DOS
- 1x PCIe to Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Realtek RTL8111 Chipset
- 1x Low Profile Bracket