Break the 1 Gigabit Log-jam that's bogging down your network. This PCIe to 4-Port 2.5G Ethernet Adapter Realtek RTL8125B Chipset offers a fast, easy and inexpensive way to manage your network with New 2.5Gb network adapters for your desktop, server, and laptop.
It’s common today for Internet Service Providers to offer connection speeds up to 1 Gigabit for homes and offices, yet many networks can benefit from even higher network speeds. This data rate is 2.5 times faster than 1Gb networks, allowing you to move files faster yet running on the same Cat5e cable. Increase your network speed and efficiency while avoiding the high cost of upgrading to a 10Gb network.
If you are running a pfSense/any FreeBSD machine with a Realtek NIC, and want to utilize every dollar spent, this PCIe to 4-Port 2.5G Ethernet Adapter Realtek RTL8125B Chipset is suitable for you. Good news is the latest pfsense 2.6.0 now supports RTL8125-RTL8125B(S)(G) Chipsets. Compared with Realtek RTL8111 Chipset, this adapter provides 2.5x speed on four ports at 2x price.
- 4 high performance 2.5-Gigabit LAN ports
- 10/100/1000M/2.5Gbps data rate auto negotiation operation
- Supports PCI Express 2.1
- Compatible with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
- Supports PCI MSI (Message Signaled Interrupt) and MSI-X
- Supports jumbo frame to 16K byte
- Chipset ID: RTL8125B
- Number of Ports: 4 Port
- Transfer Rate: 2.5G
- OS Compatibility:
- Windows OS
- Linux OS
- MAC OS
- DOSPCI Express-enabled system with an available PCI Express slot
- 1x PCIe to 4-Port 2.5G Ethernet Adapter Realtek RTL8125B Chipset
- 1x Low Profile Bracket